Importance of Social Media in Businesses
In this fast changing environment, technology has made various innovations to make things simple and easy to do. They have played a major role to support people, especially businessmen, towards doing from their simplest down to the most complicated business transaction which they do in their day- to day living.
When we talk about technology and business, one major idea which comes into our mind is the use of social networking sites to explore wider horizons brought about by our chosen fields of endeavor. What we have in this article are 5 roles of networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and others) towards having a profitable business.
1. Advertising – Social networking sites by nature provide an online space for you to showcase your products. These sites provide folders or albums where you could advertise what you want your costumers to know. If your business for example has something to do with freelance photography jobs, these sites could be a perfect avenue for a cheap online brochure where you could showcase photo samples or designs together with their prices or description so everyone would have the chance to be exposed to what you could offer them.
2. Socializing – Establishing a good rapport with the society builds your credibility as a businessman. This task can also be provided by famous and reliable networking sites primarily because several people sign-up for an account in to meet someone ,who in some ways, share the same line of interest with them so as to establish good partnership.
3. Sharing and Mentoring – Whether you are a newbie or an expert into your business, the social media can provide opportunities for you to either enhance or share your skills towards everything that has something to do with your line of proficiency. A perfect example would be to post tip or inquiry about your business and encouraging other members to comment regarding your post. From their ideas and reactions, you could pick something worthwhile which could possibly help you towards improving your chosen career.
4. Outsourcing – If for example your business is somewhat service related such as picture taking services for special events, social media sites can once again work for your outsourcing services. There are sites that enable other members to post inquires or opportunities that your line of business could accommodate. Once you find wall posts with this kind of nature, you could send a message to the member and verify the reliability of your target client before offering your service.
5. Saving – This job is basically the best role that social networking sites would offer. Since we live in a technologically advanced world, these social networking websites enable you to save time to transact and move from one place to another just to do the first four tasks that were previously mentioned. Apart from that, they also help you save money as there are several sites that could help you create, advertise and establish your reliability as a business owner without spending money.
All these 5 roles are some of the many advantages of using networking sites to promote your business. Thus, if you are a business owner or you are thinking of starting a new one, try not to be technologically left by starting to make your own social networking account and building up your community today.
About The Author: Ron Leyba is a Filipino blogger, search engine and social media optimizer. Visit his awesome blog post about the Top 5 Tough Interview Questions Every Employer Will Surely Ask During An Interview (And How To Answer Them).