6 Main Reasons Why Facebook Is Buying WhatsApp Messenger for 19 Billion
Facebook stunned the world when it broke the news of acquiring the social messaging app, WhatsApp for $19 billion in cash and stocks.
1. Over 450 Million Active Monthly Users, 1 Million Daily Sign Ups, 100 Million Video Messages Are Being Sent Per Day
2. WhatsApp Is The Main Key Player in Top Social Messaging Apps Globally (Source: WSJ)
3. Map of Downloads In All Main Countries: WhatsApp is Facebook’s Main Competitor (Source: Distimo)
5. User Count Doubled in Less Than One Year (Source: Statistica)
6. WhatsApp Has the Most Number of Active Users Globally (Source: QZ)
Do you think $42 per user was a good deal for Facebook? Share with us in the comments below!
(Header Image via TechCrunch Japan)