What is Blogger Outreach?
Blogger outreach is being able to match great stories and content with the right influencer who has the reach to your targetted audience. Building relationships with influencers and bloggers do not happen overnight. Hence, I’ve put together a list of some of the practical guidelines and sample pitches that can help you get started with your blogger outreach.
Why Reach out to Bloggers?
In the SlideShare presentation from BlogHer shows some of the key insights on how much consumers trust blogger reviews more than any other media.
- 81% of the online U.S. population trusts the information and advice they get from bloggers.
- 61% of the U.S. online population has made a purchase based on a recommendation from bloggers.
- 41% of the U.S. online population says that blogs are better than Facebook to find out about new products.
Step by Step Guide on How to do Blogger Outreach
Needless to say, bloggers and social media play a big role in influencing the purchase decisions. Below are some of the links to articles that will help you have an overview of how blogger outreach works, what are some of the recommended tools and best practices.
1. Blogger Outreach: A Killer Guide – what is blogger outreach and recommended tools
Ian Cleary provided an extensive overview as to how blogger outreach works and provided a list of recommended tools with screenshots on how they work.
2. 5 Steps To An Influencer Strategy - helpful reminders on how to develop relationship and not just for outreach
Danyl Bosomworth shares some helpful principles that most marketers and notorious SEO practitioners who give outreach a bad name. In the article, it was emphasized to develop relationships and trust with the influencers.
2. 15 Top Tools for Intelligent Blogger Outreach – 15 highly useful tools
Adam Connell shared a bunch of useful tools such as SEO Moz Toolbar – MozBar, Buzz Stream Free Tools, Gmail Canned Responses, SEO Gadget bulk analysis tool, FollowUp.CC and many others.
3. 4 Services That Will Make Pitching and Get Coverage For Your Startup Easy - easy tools for prospecting
Previously shared 4 services that are not only for contacting bloggers but also for prospecting and social media outreach.
4. Outreach Letters for Link Building [Real Examples] - extensive list of sample templates
Those are just some of the truly helpful guide and articles I’ve seen that will help one get started and improve with their outreach.
Feel free some of your favorites in the comments below too!
Photo (via Business2Community)