Global Social Login and Sharing Trends Q1 2014
In the most recent Global Social Login and Sharing Trends for the Q1 report by LoginRadius which data is based from the platform of 100,000+ websites and millions of its users, social media users most preferred login and sharing platform is Facebook.
The report shows that 49% users prefer logging in with Facebook on a websites, while Google+ is preferred by 28%, Twitter by 8% and Yahoo! by 4%.
Below are some of the highlights from the said report:
- Vkontakte (the second largest social network service in Europe after Facebook) users returns 18 times a year while Twitter users 10 times, and Google+ users 9 times.
- Facebook is chosen by 57% websites as one of the social login provider, followed by Google and Twitter each 33%
- Facebook has 53% of sharing activities. Google & Twitter battle for 2nd with 11% & 10%. Email is in 4th with 6%.
- Logging in with social accounts is getting popular on mobile devices but 84% adoption is driven by PC & Mac.
- Users under the age of 35 are 2 times more likely to use social login than older users.
- Male users are 12% more likely to use social accounts for logging in to a website, than females
Facebook is the Most Preferred Content Sharing Platform by 53% Users, Twitter Second
The global trend shows that there’s been an increasing social login activities not only on desktop but also on mobile. It means that whether the users are simply browsing their favorite publications, researching or about to purchase online, they prefer to use the Facebook authentication when signing up or logging in to the site.
It also interesting to note that while most men are wary of the web security, they’re still likely to use the social logins when compared to women and even seen to have repeat visits. The trend shows that consumers are more confident in integrating their social activities to their various other online transactions. It becomes a great opportunity for marketers to really understand the online behaviors of their target market and be able to provide more relevant content and more meaningful experiences.