Oh, how about a round of applause?
Yeah, standing ovation? Ooh, oh yeah
Yeah y-yeah yeah
But you put on quite a show, really had us going
But now it’s time to go, the year’s finally closing
That was quite a show, very entertaining
But it’s over now
(But it’s over now)
I’m sure everyone who watched out and took part of the World’s Coolest Intern
would miss the buzz and collaboration in all the contestants. I’m sure all the contestants would agree that we have learned so much from the wonderful experience. Standard Chartered Breeze
sure deserve a big round of applause for putting up such a great competition that has brought out the best in us. Everyone had both challenging and fun time. Hey, if it isn’t tough it isn’t fun, right?
Each contestants, whether you made it to the Top 23
, Top 10
, and of course, to Katherine Liew
who made it big time
, and even those who didn’t, you sure all deserve a standing ovation for putting up a great fight. I have learned so much
from you all guys.
Hats off to all of you!
Now going back to the very reason why I posted this article in the first place. Below are 23 things that I learned from StanChartBreeze’s Contest. 23, in honor of the Top 23
: – )
1. Your network is your net worth.
2. Be nice and the world will be nicer to you.
4. People don’t care how much you know unless they know how much you care.
5. Sometimes sleep is a fleeting hindrance to creativity. Dodge it!
6. In every competition, you only expect two things – either you win, or you win big!
7. Not all competition is about winning – it’s about learning how to collaborate effectively. Right Farah?
8. Patience is a virtue. Seizing an incredible opportunity/challenge brings out the best in you!
9. If you can’t beat the pressure, you don’t deserve the treasure.
10. The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
11. You are more influential than you think you are.
12. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
13. People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing. - Dale Carnegie
14. When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.
15. Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and having fun. – Mary Lou Cook (Shall we add multi-tasking, right Robyn?)
16. Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent – Marilyn vos Savant
17. A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one – Unknown
18. Defeat may test you; it need not stop you. If at first you don’t succeed, try another way. For every obstacle there is a solution. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. The greatest mistake is giving up – Unknown
19. Sometimes you need to give up something good for something greater
. Like your iPhone and then getting Qais Consulting, right Duane? Not a bad trade. ; -)
20. Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people – Nido Qubein
21. Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstances – Bruce Barton
22. In the eyes of our supporters
and friends, we are the coolest
, the bestest
, the winner
. Nuff said.
23. You must give it a try because a true soldier does not admit defeat before the battle. – Helen Keller
Most of the things I learned are quotes that sustained and kept me motivated during the times when I wanted to give up.
What about you, what are greatest things you’ve learned in the contest or in life in general?